20 Apr SAVE WATER, DRINK WINE—FRIDAY, APRIL 21ST
Good hair and good times–they’re kind of our things. And when you can have a good time for a great cause? That’s even better.
With this philosophy in mind, we’re hosting the Earth Month event of our dreams: the aptly-named Save Water, Drink Wine extravaganza that will be occurring at all three of our locations (Sandestin, Pensacola Beach, and Orange Beach) this Friday, April 21st from 4-7pm (Sandestin and Orange Beach) and 5:30-7:30pm (Pensacola Beach).
In addition to the obvious—wine and a whole lot of fun—attendees can expect 15 minute massages, nail polish and makeup touchups, and dry hair styling with Shampure Dry Shampoo and new Thermal Dry Conditioner.
“We also have swag bags that everyone will get just for coming,” says Jen Peck, Fusion Lead Recruiter and Senior Stylist. “And of course, you can enter our drawing to win the grand prize.”
Though the grand prize at each location will differ slightly, expect gift cards for services and piles of Aveda bestselling products. (Rosemary Mint & Shampure, anyone?) Proceeds from our raffle tickets will go directly toward our Earth Month goal.
As an Aveda salon, we work year-round to live up to the Aveda Mission “to care for the world we live, from the products we make to the ways in which we give back to society.” But being by the beach, Aveda Earth Month is especially close to our hearts. That’s because fundraising efforts are dedicated to protecting clean water both locally and around the world. At Fusion, the funds we raise throughout the month benefit the Gulf Restoration Network and the Apalachicola Riverkeeper. As coastal residents who see the effects of environmental degradation in our own communities, these are causes we can definitely get behind.
Even if you can’t attend the event, there are plenty of other ways to get involved with our Earth Month efforts:
- Purchase Scratch-and-Win tickets (1 for $10 or 3 for $20)—though prizes vary, almost everyone wins
- Buy a limited-edition Light the Way Candle—100% of the $12 purchase price benefits clean water projects around the world (and the spicy floral scent can’t be beat)
- Make a donation at any Fusion location—every bit counts
- Undertake earth-friendly efforts in your own life—whether that means walking or biking instead of driving, eating meatless once a week, or stepping up your recycling efforts
- Save water at home by showering less or taking shorter showers—we’re all trying it, and our favorite new Shampure Thermal Dry Conditioner is making it easy! (“Everyone loves it. It’s been amazing,” Jen confirms. “Guests really love the aroma and how it gives your hair that velvety feel.”)
We are so thankful to our guests for all they have done over the years to contribute to our Earth Month efforts. Whether you’ve attended Cut-a-Thons, spread the word on social media, or filled your home with candles, it’s truly made a difference. To date, the Aveda family (that includes you!) has raised $44 million for clean water projects around the world.
We are so proud that we and our guests have been a part of that total. Thank you for all that you do—we hope to see you on Friday!
Featured Image Credits:
Creative Commons | Source: Canva